This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulse Audio ver 13

A few months ago version 13 of Pulseaudio was released that apparently has fixed a long standing bug bear with me, that being, no DTS passthrough. So off I trotted and bought myself a brand new amplifier that could decode DTS sound. Now I have freshly installed it I chased up the software release. I started by checking what I have installed in my 19.10 Kubuntu and my jaw just hit the ground. If I understand correctly Kubuntu only ships with version 1.13 which would make it almost 9 years old. Have I understood this correctly?

Notwithstanding that, has anybody ventured to download version 13 and if so, how troublesome is it and does it work?

The best way to see the version you have is like so:
    Code:
    gus@gus-HP-Compaq-Elite-8300-SFF:~$ pulseaudio --version
    pulseaudio 13.0

You are seeing the package name, which does include the software version, but adds other numbers or text to assist with proper versioning so apt gets things straight.
    so:

gus@gus-HP-Compaq-Elite-8300-SFF:~$ apt policy pulseaudio
    pulseaudio:
    Installed: 1:13.0-1ubuntu1
    Candidate: 1:13.0-1ubuntu1
    Version table:
    *** 1:13.0-1ubuntu1 500
    500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu eoan/main amd64 Packages
    100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
    The "1:" here denotes an epoch, and is related to package versions, and not software versions
    So it looks like you already have the version you are looking for

Comment

Claydon,

thank you for your reply, you must roll your eyes, at the very least, when the idiots ask questions lol.

Comment

Not at all. It is not an obvious thing, and.....been there, done that

Comment

Working...
        X