Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] System audio equalizer on Kubuntu?

Hi!
    I am starting to use Kubuntu 19.04 (I am migrating from Windows) and I have noticed that Kubuntu does not have a system sound equalizer, which I consider very important for me.
    In Windows, I use the equalizer built into the Realtek audio driver, but in Kubuntu there is no such thing.
    Is there any way to install a system audio equalizer in Kubuntu ?, if possible, how?
    Thank you.

Realtek Audio Driver equalizer:

There was the Pulse Audio equalizer in 16.04 but apparently it's dodgy to get to work in 18.04+.
    There is a deb package for Bionic on launchpad, you may want to try it.
    If it installs, there's a post on it here on KFN that may help.

Or there is pulseeffects, which looks interesting. It's GTK-based, but then :·)

Comment

take a look hear ,,,, basically their is one (an EQ) but is not loaded by default and has no controls by default you must set the modules to load at startup and install the qpaeq to control it . https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post411363

if you do this make sure to place the 2 module lines at the END of /etc/pulse/default.pa as the rest of the file needs to load first and it loads line by line.

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

It is the same post I linked just above... Click image for larger version

Name:	icon_smile_crazy.gif
Views:	7
Size:	725 Bytes
ID:	644435

Comment

Thanks for answering.
          I just executed the following commands, all were executed correctly:

Code:
          sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
          sudo apt-get update
          sudo apt-get install pulseaudio-equalizer
          pactl load-module module-equalizer-sink
          pactl load-module module-dbus-protocol
          Also, I added the following lines to the end of the /etc/pulse/default.pa file

Code:
          ### Load the integrated PulseAudio equalizer and D-Bus module
          load-module module-equalizer-sink
          load-module module-dbus-protocol
          I rebooted the system
          Where should I find the equalizer?

Comment

Originally posted by JotaJota96 View Post
            Hi!
            I am starting to use Kubuntu 19.04 (I am migrating from Windows) and I have noticed that Kubuntu does not have a system sound equalizer, which I consider very important for me. <snip>
            I run KDE Neon 5.17 based on ubuntu 18.04 and my Discover Software Center features "pulseeffects" in a Flatpak which has a multiband equalizer and a boatload more audio effects. I have been using it well over a year and it gets regular updates. I use it almost exclusively for the equalizer. It must be loaded before any other audio producing apps are loaded.

-=Ken=-
            -=Ken=-
            "A man has to know his limitations." Harry Callihan (Dirty Harry)
            DIY ASRock AB350, AMD Ryzen 3 1200, 16 GB RAM, nvidia GT-710, kubuntu 20.04

Comment

From Vinny's post:
              now an entry will be in the speaker icon in the system tray "FFT based equalizer on built in analog stereo" when you want to use the equalizer just drag the app that your using from the applacations tab and drop it on the eq output ,,,,and launch the "qpaeq" .

Don't you get one when you click on the speaker icon?

Comment

I have reinstalled the virtual machine with Kubuntu 19.10. In the software center I found and installed "PulseEffects".
                The problem now is that I cannot activate the equalizer module. I read on this site https://github.com/wwmm/pulseeffects/issues/489 that the "Linux Studio Plugins" package should be installed, but it does not explain how to install it.
                Could you tell me how I install it?

Comment

Ignore my last question, I found the answer in a comment in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS0iRRqyyHI

The following command must be used.
                  Code:
                  sudo apt install lsp-plugins
                  I did not need to reinstall PulseEffects or restart the system.

I take the problem solved.
                  Thank you very much everyone for helping me, and excuse my bad English.

Comment

Originally posted by JotaJota96 View Post
                    Thanks for answering.
                    I just executed the following commands, all were executed correctly:

Code:
                    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
                    sudo apt-get update
                    sudo apt-get install pulseaudio-equalizer
                    pactl load-module module-equalizer-sink
                    pactl load-module module-dbus-protocol
                    Also, I added the following lines to the end of the /etc/pulse/default.pa file

Code:
                    ### Load the integrated PulseAudio equalizer and D-Bus module
                    I rebooted the system
                    Where should I find the equalizer?
                    you did 2 different things hear .

1-the /webupd8 repo EQ is old and last update was for 16.10 , do not bother with it .

2-you did load the modules for it but did not add the "qpaeq" script which is the GUI part of the EQ .

VINNY
                    16GB RAM

Comment

if one wants just a system wide EQ , you can go hear , https://github.com/pulseaudio/pulsea...rc/utils/qpaeq , copy the hole script and paste it into a text file (kate) then save as "/usr/bin/qpaeq" ,,,,,, set it as executable "chmod +x /usr/bin/qpaeq" .

NOW load the 2 necessary modules
                      Code:
                      open a terminal and
                      Code:
                      qpaeq
                      if it works , then add it to your app menu , with the menu editor .

works @hear

VINNY
                      16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
                      X