Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Touchpad not working no matter what. Please help me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LAPTOP] Touchpad not working no matter what. Please help me.

Hello there,
    As the title says, I have trouble getting my touchpad to work on my laptop.
    When I cat /proc/bus/input/devices it recognise it as "Intel HID 5 button array".
    I have synaptics package manager and installed through it the: xserver-xorg-input-libinput and the xserver-xorg-input-synaptics but nothing works.
    What alse can I do guys?
    I really need your help!

Hi there, 00robot00. What brand is the laptop, and its model number? Did the touchpad ever work? Did the problem start after upgrading to 19.10? What version (or distro) was on it when it worked? Do you have a mouse or trackball you can test on it?
    Last edited by Snowhog; Dec 02, 2019, 12:18 PM. Reason: Quoting entire OP not needed on first reply
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu View Post
      Hi there, 00robot00. What brand is the laptop, and its model number? Did the touchpad ever work? Did the problem start after upgrading to 19.10? What version (or distro) was on it when it worked? Do you have a mouse or trackball you can test on it?
      Hello there!

So, it's actually a chinese imported and rebranded laptop in my country. It's called Vero K146. [link removed by Administrator]
      Yes, the touchpad woked great on windows 10.
      No, the problem occurs whenever I install linux on that machine.
      Yes I have a usb mouse that works.
      Last edited by Snowhog; Dec 03, 2019, 07:32 AM. Reason: link was to a site login page

Comment

Working...
      X