Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error GDBus.Error org.freedesktop.systemd1.UnitMasked Unit -.mount is masked.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Error GDBus.Error org.freedesktop.systemd1.UnitMasked Unit -.mount is masked.

just hass an issue with the vivaldi ppa's and thanks to a mod on their forums got it fixed, but in the process i ran into the below. any idea on what's going on and how to fix it? it seems odd since over the last 2 to 3 weeks including this morning i've had sizable updates for it.

Code:
    Rebuilding /usr/share/applications/bamf-2.index...
    Error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.systemd1.UnitMasked: Unit -.mount is masked.
    kubuntu 19.10 64 bit
    Last edited by Grave Digger; Nov 27, 2019, 01:27 PM.

GDbus is Gnome related, and not related to Plasma. As is the 'bamf' (from bamfdaemon) in the first line. Are any Gnome applications running/open when you see this, or have you installed Gnome, Mate, or other Gtk based desktop environment? The only useful thing I can find in searching is the error happening when updating and a user had GParted open.
    Are there any symptoms other than the message?

Often, if there are no symptoms, it is likely safe to ignore, especially here as it involves Gnome in this case. If you do have multiple desktops installed, this sort of thing can happen, and likely if you are logged in to that one, the error won't happen .
    Last edited by claydoh; Nov 27, 2019, 02:00 PM.

Comment

oh ok yea gparted is open cause i'm doing several disk operations. should be done by the time i get back from a few errands i have to run. will run update again then, and let you know what i get either way. thanks

Comment

nice call, got back and gparted finished as i expected. did a reboot, got offered the one freedesktop update from earlier, installed it, opened konsole, apt clean, apt update and no error message that i could see. thanks

Comment

Working...
        X