This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DESKTOP] Kubuntu for CCD cameras ?

After shutting down my astronomy hobby for the last 15 years while building a new house and moving to New Mexico, I am starting to build the observatory and get back to astronomy.

I'm wondering if there is any Kubuntu based CCD camera control software for my old FLI usb CCD camera. (Yes it still works)
    I've got the old windows software from 2005 and am experimenting with some new Windows stuff but just wondered if anyone was aware of anything out there that would do the job in Kubuntu.

Thanks
    Last edited by GregM; Nov 26, 2019, 08:49 AM.
    Greg
    W9WD

Maybe take a look at KStars? https://edu.kde.org/kstars/indi/
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

That looks interesting!
      Thanks
      Greg
      W9WD

Comment

look for , stellarium it should be in your package manager ,

Code:
        vinny@vinny-Bonobo-Extreme:~$ apt show stellarium
        Package: stellarium
        Version: 0.18.2-1ubuntu1~ppa1~ubuntu16.04.1
        Priority: optional
        Section: science
        Maintainer: Alexander Wolf <alex.v.wolf@gmail.com>
        Installed-Size: 15.9 MB
        Depends: libc6 (>= 2.15), libgcc1 (>= 1:3.0), libgps22 (>= 3.10+dev1~), libqt5core5a (>= 5.5.0), libqt5gui5 (>= 5.2.0), libqt5gui5 (>= 5.4.0) | libqt5gui5-gles (>= 5.4.0), libqt5multimedia5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5multimediawidgets5 (>= 5.0.2) | libqt5multimediawidgets5-gles (>= 5.0.2), libqt5network5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5positioning5 (>= 5.2.1), libqt5printsupport5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5script5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5serialport5 (>= 5.3.0), libqt5widgets5 (>= 5.4.0), libstdc++6 (>= 5.2), zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4), stellarium-data (>= 0.18.2-1ubuntu1~ppa1~ubuntu16.04.1)
        Homepage: http://www.stellarium.org
        Download-Size: unknown
        APT-Manual-Installed: yes
        APT-Sources: /var/lib/dpkg/status
        Description: real-time photo-realistic sky generator
        Stellarium renders 3D photo-realistic skies in real-time. With Stellarium, you
        really see what you can see with your eyes, binoculars or a small telescope.
        Some features:
         - default star catalogue with over 600 thousand stars,
         - information about the brightest stars (spectral type, distance, etc.),
         - downloadable star catalogue extensions, for up to 210 million stars,
         - all New General Catalogue (NGC) objects,
         - images of almost all Messier objects and the Milky Way,
         - real time positions of the planets and their satellites,
         - 13 different cultures with their constellations,
         - artistic illustrations of the 88 Western constellations,
         - very realistic atmosphere, sunrise and sunset,
         - 7 panoramic landscapes (more can be made or downloaded from the website),
         - scripting with ECMAScript,
         - plug-in support: Stellarium comes with 8 plug-ins by default, including:
         - artificial satellites plug-in (updated from an on-line TLE database),
         - ocular simulation plug-in (shows how objects look like in a given ocular),
         - Solar System editor plug-in (imports comet and asteroid data from the MPC),
         - telescope control plug-in (Meade LX200 and Celestron NexStar compatible).
        Stellarium should not be used for very high accurate calculation or ephemerids
        like eclipse predictions. However, it is the ideal program to prepare an
        observation evening with naked eye, binocular, or small telescope.
        their is an appimage as well , https://github.com/Stellarium/stella...86_64.AppImage

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
        X