'Application style' choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu View Post
    Hmmm...I'm not sure what you're referring to. When I hover over any theme, nothing appears.
    The screenshot is from 5.17.3 (not sure if you see the same on yours, but it should be somewhere in there)
    Attached Files

Comment

No, I don't see anything like that when I hover over any of mine.

I've also tried everything I could think of, like right-clicking on each theme, hovering over each one's borders and corners, but didn't get anywhere.
      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

No, I don't see anything like that when I hover over any of mine.

I've also tried everything I could think of, like right-clicking on each theme, hovering over each one's borders and corners, but didn't get anywhere.
        Which version of systemsettings do you have?
        You can also access the breeze configuration (including the window decoration settings) by running "breeze-settings5" from the cli (or krunner)

Comment

I finally saw it! I guess these tired old eyes weren't looking closely enough--but check out this screenshot, which I've deliberately not circled, and see what it looks like for me:

Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_application_style_120219_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	644440

See it? That little empty rectangular box at the lower right of CompactAir?
          Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

When one is using a Theme (Windows/Desktop/Icon/et al) that isn't what the responder is using, it can be VERY HARD to follow what is being conveyed. Glad you 'found it'.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

The button pops up on mouse-over. Of course, the customized button is harder to see

Comment

That little empty rectangular box at the lower right of CompactAir?
                The icon theme you are using might not have the necessary icon for that button (because it's empty).
                You could try adding/modifying the "Inherits=" value in your icon theme's "index.theme" file (under the "[Icon Theme]" section):
                Inherits=oxygen,hicolor
                or
                Inherits=breeze,hicolor
                (which should show "fallback" icons from those themes if it's not included in your main theme...you may need to switch icon themes to refresh the icon cache after the changes)

As a side note, that button would really benefit from a text like "Edit" or "Edit Configuration" for discoverability, I'm quite sure you aren't the first who has missed it.
                Last edited by kubicle; Dec 03, 2019, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Right! Exactly. I know now that it really does pop up when you're hovering over a theme, but, damn!, I sure as hell didn't see it.

At any rate, now that I know it's there, I've explored its options for Breeze, but they're very, very limited. Right now I'm using Sereno, which gives my title bars some color, and I've set its button size to 'huge' (which makes the title bar taller). I'm not done experimenting by a long shot, but I'm getting there! And now that I have networking working, I'm not planning on chucking 19.10!

Comment

Working...
                  X