X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu dimming blanking possibly television

Hi
    Admins please consider NOT deleting this post, because there are a LOT of posts on the net about "Ubuntu screen dimming" and a few "Kubuntu screen dimming".

In "almost" all cases the proposed answers get off into changing "startup scripts" etc.

The situation "seems" to "usually" involve NEW people to Ubuntu / Kubuntu and those people are in no way able to "immediately" just jump into changing startup scripts.

The situation has occurred on my install for the large screen television somewhat RECENTLY. So, the situation, for me, MAY be something involved in an update or installation of a certain app. I do not know.

FOR ME, I assiduously searched through every kind of setting about power / monitor / etc. There are many options, but I could not SPECIFICALLY find a button that involved "power" and Laptop.

however, if one searches in settings for "dimming" one does get "laptop" but... I could not "backtrace" to find the setting FOR a laptop from within "settings"... However, I am sure that there are others here who would immediately say..."do thus and so".

So, after searching and searching, and everything "seemed" to be set to "not" do something I had a bunch of NOTIFICATIONS... and so I clicked...

in the "stock install" bottom panel the little "up arrow" which provides a listing of notifications and noticed... as I had noticed before a notification about

"battery and brightness"...hmmm okaaay... There was a symbol for something that "may" be a battery and it had a RED X.

So..the old woodsmoker says to himself sayseee..."what if I clicked that RED X?"... so...the old woodsmoker did clcik the RED X and the notice went away...

The old woodsmoker waits an hour and ...no dimming or blanking of the screen on the large screen t.v.

So...there is ONE solution to "screen dimming blanking" on a television.

AS A SIDE NOTE... the SAME dimming button is avaiable on a REGULAR SETUP of a tower and a NORMAL SCREEN...just a widescreen hp monitor.

SO...this situation MAY...I repeat MAY...be a situation with the "monitor" being a LARGE SCREEN T.V. which is 50 inches diagonal and DOES use a lot of energy...

and, as usual, if anyone has any questions please ask.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!
Working...
X