No announcement yet.

Suggestion for future probably 20.04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, this is bad. Maybe there is another way to fix this. Maybe the plasmoid installer is borked.
    Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Comment

you remove a widget using the same Get New Widgets tool.

Comment

Just tried it again and the plasmoid is still broken or maybe the installer is broken.
        Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

Comment

that belongs in a third party app and then that app flushed. lets keep google little to none in the os.

Comment

Originally posted by Grave Digger View Post
            that belongs in a third party app and then that app flushed. lets keep google little to none in the os.
            The widget works fine with other akonadi configured calendars (you don't need to use google calendar...I don't, and I use the widget with my nextcloud hosted dav calendars...which I've configured in korganizer)...adding events seems currently only work with google calendars, but other parts work as expected within the widget.

Comment

No issues with Event Calendar on my install of 19.10. It's one of the first additions that I do to any new Kubuntu install and never have had an issue with it being broken.

However, knowing that I have had some things break after install (dophin as root works fine in a live environment, but it doesn't work as soon as I boot into a newly installed system), I can't help but wonder if there are issues like that going on.
              Lenovo Thinkstation: Xeon E5 CPU 32GB ECC Ram KDE Neon

Comment

Dolphin works fine at the moment but this app doesn't. Is there a way to run a plasmoid from the konsel so I can see if there are any error messages?

Comment

Originally posted by steve7233 View Post
                  Dolphin works fine at the moment but this app doesn't. Is there a way to run a plasmoid from the konsel so I can see if there are any error messages?
                  I didn't mean to suggest that dophin would also not be working. I was just mentioning that as to how some strange things can happen on a local system that may break an app on one system, but yet other on other systems that same app works fine.

As to running it in the konsole, I've never tried, so that's beyond my experience and knowledge base.
                  Lenovo Thinkstation: Xeon E5 CPU 32GB ECC Ram KDE Neon

Comment

Originally posted by steve7233 View Post
                    Is there a way to run a plasmoid from the konsel so I can see if there are any error messages?
                    You can use plasmoidviewer to test individual plasma widgets: https://techbase.kde.org/Development...ing_the_Applet
                    (It's in the "plasma-sdk" package that you may need to install)
                    Code:
                    plasmoidviewer --applet org.kde.plasma.eventcalendar

Comment

Originally posted by WWDERW View Post
                      No issues with Event Calendar on my install of 19.10. It's one of the first additions that I do to any new Kubuntu install and never have had an issue with it being broken.

However, knowing that I have had some things break after install (dophin as root works fine in a live environment, but it doesn't work as soon as I boot into a newly installed system), I can't help but wonder if there are issues like that going on.
                      dolphin root actions were removed cause the devs felt we we too stupid ans irresponsible to have them. we really need them back, i don't appreciate having to create a rooted dolphin launcher.

Comment

Working...
                      X