Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLASMA 5] Kontact won't start after upgrading to Kubuntu 19.10 / Plasma 5.17

Hi everybody,

After upgrading, my current configuration is:

Betriebssystem: Kubuntu 19.10
    KDE-Plasma-Version: 5.17.2
    KDE-Frameworks-Version: 5.62.0
    Qt-Version: 5.12.4
    Kernel-Version: 5.3.0-21-generic
    Art des Betriebssystems: 64-bit
    Prozessoren: 6 × Intel® Xeon® CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz
    Speicher: 11,7 GiB Arbeitsspeicher

Since then, I can't start Kontact anymore due to the akonadi servicer not starting. Mysql-server is up and running but I found, that there is no file mysql.socket to be found in /var/run/user/1000/akonadi/default. Starting akonadi manually produces the following output:

Code:
    [FONT=monospace]org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Starting up the Akonadi Server... [/FONT]
    [FONT=monospace]org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: database server stopped unexpectedly
    org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Database process exited unexpectedly during initial connection!
    org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: executable: "/usr/sbin/mysqld-akonadi"
    org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: arguments: ("--defaults-file=/home/peter/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf", "--datadir=/home/peter/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/", "--socket=/run/user/1000/akonadi/default/mysql.socket", "--pid-file=/run/user/1000/akonadi/default/mysql.pid")
    org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: stdout: ""
    org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: stderr: ""
    org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: exit code: 1
    org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: process error: "Unknown error"
    mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
    error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/run/user/1000/akonadi/default/mysql.socket' (2)'
    Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/run/user/1000/akonadi/default/mysql.socket' exists!
    org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Failed to remove runtime connection config file
    org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Shutting down AkonadiServer...
    org.kde.pim.akonadicontrol: Application '/usr/bin/akonadiserver' exited normally...

[/FONT]
    Any known fix or workaround for this issue?

peerwal

I apologize for not being able to help you but... well...the whol Akondasi server thing is a BUGABOO... GOING BACK YEARS...

i SINCERRELY HOPE THAT SOMEONE WILL POP IN WITH A FIX.

IVE POSTED dozens of flxes and well guess what thery are stiuoo dozeins of fixes.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
      peerwal

I apologize for not being able to help you but... well...the whol Akondasi server thing is a BUGABOO... GOING BACK YEARS...

i SINCERRELY HOPE THAT SOMEONE WILL POP IN WITH A FIX.

IVE POSTED dozens of flxes and well guess what thery are stiuoo dozeins of fixes.

woodsmoke
      Yeah it looks like distros are having problems getting akonadi to run properly with every new distro upgrade with some of the issues occurring repeatedly after an upgrade.

peerwal

Comment

Since a few days and a couple of sytem updates ago I get the following output, after starting akonadi:

Code:
        [FONT=monospace][COLOR=#009999]akonadictl[/COLOR] [COLOR=#33CCCC]start[/COLOR]
        Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
        [COLOR=#B26818]peter@[/COLOR][COLOR=#B218B2]T3500: [/COLOR][COLOR=#18B218]~[/COLOR]> org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Starting up the Akonadi Server...
        org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: database server stopped unexpectedly
        org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Database process exited unexpectedly during initial connection!
        org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: executable: "/usr/sbin/mysqld-akonadi"
        org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: arguments: ("--defaults-file=/home/peter/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf", "--datadir=/home/peter/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/", "--socket=/run/user/1000/akonadi/default/mysql.socket", "--pid-file=/run/user/1000/akonadi/default/mysql.pid")
        org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: stdout: ""
        org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: stderr: ""
        org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: exit code: 1
        org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: process error: "Unknown error"
        mysqladmin: [ERROR] unknown variable 'secure_file_priv='.
        org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Failed to remove runtime connection config file
        org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Shutting down AkonadiServer...
        org.kde.pim.akonadicontrol: Application '/usr/bin/akonadiserver' exited normally...

[/FONT]
        However, mysql confirms that the variable has been set:

Code:
        [FONT=monospace]mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE "secure_file_priv";
        +------------------+-----------------------+
        | Variable_name    | Value                 |
        | secure_file_priv | /var/lib/mysql-files/ |
        1 row in set (0.04 sec)

[/FONT]
        Any ideas, what might be going wrong?

Thanks a lot

Comment

What the heck happened to Akonadi? Even after a major KDE/Plasma update I ran yesterday the above 'unknown variable' problem still persists. My current system configuration is

Operating System: Kubuntu 19.10
          KDE Plasma Version: 5.17.3
          KDE Frameworks Version: 5.64.0
          Qt Version: 5.12.4
          Kernel Version: 5.3.0-23-generic
          OS Type: 64-bit
          Processors: 6 × Intel® Xeon® CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz
          Memory: 11,7 GiB

Comment

Working...
          X