This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Chromium unresponsive after upgrade

After upgrade from 19.04 Chromium opens but is unresponsive. Unable to type into URL bar or search engine and 'Restore Pages' doesn't respond. Google Chrome works OK. Closing the window results in:
    Application "chromium" is not responding
    You tried to close window "New Tab - Chromium" from application "chromium" (Process ID: 2112) but the application is not responding.
    Do you want to terminate this application?
    Warning: Terminating the application will close all of its child windows. Any unsaved data will be lost.

I've just had the same problem. I solved it removing the chromium-browser package and installing the new chromium one from Discover. I'm assuming it's a snap related issue, and it's not the only one. I'm stuck with the default fallback mouse theme. Anyway, try what I did and check if it works for you. Note that you will lose your settings doing this.

Comment

Problem solved

Originally posted by Live View Post
      I've just had the same problem. I solved it removing the chromium-browser package and installing the new chromium one from Discover. I'm assuming it's a snap related issue, and it's not the only one. I'm stuck with the default fallback mouse theme. Anyway, try what I did and check if it works for you. Note that you will lose your settings doing this.
      Thanks Live.
      As you solved the problem with a new install I thought I would give reinstalling the existing package a try.
      Problem solved.
      The re-installation fixed whatever was the problem and the snap package now works fine.
      Thanks for the hint

Comment

Working...
      X