This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vmware - Unable to access widows shared folders from Linux Guest

I've been playing around with Kubuntu in VMware Workstation Pro 15.5, and I'm unable to access the shared folders I set up on my Windows 10 side. I've followed the standard method to enable shared folders in VM/Settings/Options.

When Kubuntu comes up, it sees the shared folders via /mnt/hgfs. When I reboot the OS, the shared folders disappear. "Always enabled" is checked in the options.
    The /mnt/hgfs folder is there, however nothing is inside it.

When I type "vmware-hgfsclient" I see the two folders that I shared on the windows side.

When I type
    Code:
    sudo vmhgfs-fuse .host:/ /mnt/hgfs/ -o allow_other -o uid=1000
    I'll instantly be able to see the shared folders! Then upon reboot they disappear again. Retyping that command doesn't bring them back.

Playing around, I created a new folder /mnt/share1 then ran the command again, changing out the destination folder.

Code:
    sudo vmhgfs-fuse .host:/ /mnt/share1/ -o allow_other -o uid=1000
    Then the shared folders will instantly appear in the new folder! However upon reboot they disappear yet again.

If I keep changing the destination, they will appear once, then disappear upon reboot.

This is happening across other linux guests on the windows machine.

On my Linux desktop, anything I create there (windows/linux) all shared folders works perfectly.

So I don't know if it's a windows thing, or a VMware thing, or something else??
Working...
X