Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto mount ext4 drive in ext4 with read/writte all users?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto mount ext4 drive in ext4 with read/writte all users?

Hello.
    In the lasts days I try to configure fstab for auto mount a ext4 drive with can all users (only have one user) for can read and writte, but I can't configure well...

I try this options in fstab:

ext4 defaults 0 0
    ext4 defaults,noatime 0 2
    ext4 rw,user,auto 0 0
    auto nosuid,nodev,nofail,x-gvfs-show 0 0

All options start with: /dev/sdd1 mnt/Backups
    Or change /dev/sdd1 with the UUID.

Some options, crash the start system, other options, mount but I can't writte.

Thanks and regards.

Have you tried
    /dev/sdd1 mnt/Backups ext4 umask=0000 0 0
    ?

Comment

What to you mean by "auto mount"?

"auto" in /etc/fstab means mount at system startup, always, and it's the default. If the drive is an external backup, that might not be present at startup, and you want it to be mounted by the system if and when you plug it in, /etc/fstab may not be a good place for it. Look in System settings, Removable storage, Removable devices.

If it's an internal drive, that you want to be only mounted and accessible if a user clicks on it, I do that with my gentoo install:
      Code:
      LABEL=gentoo   /mnt/gentoo ext4    defaults,noatime,noauto,user          0       2
      If after mounting like this (clicking on it in dolphin), your normal user can't write to it, this is due to permissions on the directories on the drive. F.ex., on that gentoo root I can't write to it. After sudo chmod go+w /mnt/gentoo, now I can (though maybe I shouldn't, gentoo might not like it, I don't know).
      Regards, John Little

Comment

Sorry for delay in reply, the mail notification was go to spam folder...
        Originally posted by Don B. Cilly View Post
        Have you tried
        /dev/sdd1 mnt/Backups ext4 umask=0000 0 0
        ?
        Hum...I think that, this config I was not try...
        This night I go to try this config for learn

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
        What to you mean by "auto mount"?

"auto" in /etc/fstab means mount at system startup, always, and it's the default. If the drive is an external backup, that might not be present at startup, and you want it to be mounted by the system if and when you plug it in, /etc/fstab may not be a good place for it. Look in System settings, Removable storage, Removable devices.

If it's an internal drive, that you want to be only mounted and accessible if a user clicks on it, I do that with my gentoo install:
        Code:
        LABEL=gentoo   /mnt/gentoo ext4    defaults,noatime,noauto,user          0       2
        If after mounting like this (clicking on it in dolphin), your normal user can't write to it, this is due to permissions on the directories on the drive. F.ex., on that gentoo root I can't write to it. After sudo chmod go+w /mnt/gentoo, now I can (though maybe I shouldn't, gentoo might not like it, I don't know).
        Yes "auto" mount is for me: Internat device that I need automount at the start system.

I can auto mount in the start system but, when my user access to this unit, can't writte in root folder.

I solved this with this:
        Code:
        #1.- sudo mkdir /mnt/Backups
        #2.- sudo mount -a
        #3.- cd /mnt/Backups
        #4.- sudo chown myuser .
        In the fstab I have this:
        Code:
        UUID=xxxx	/mnt/Datos	ext4	defaults	0	2
        With this, I have access with my user (only I have 1 user) in root of device and I can writte, copy...etc...

Thanks and regards!!!

Comment

Working...
        X