Policy to stay one hyperdrive behind and encountered an old friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Policy to stay one hyperdrive behind and encountered an old friend

As referenced in another post, I had a Neon that, with absolutely no warning, stalled at enabling the Broadcom driver.

So, I dld the latest 19.04 stable 64 bit and encountered an old friend.

She agreed that 19,04 really is STILL a "workhorse" and that the ship's install got it through several warps both to and from (see note 1 ) and sent me this image after we parted ways... she, btw rather like the Ambassador for for Babylon 5, who has found it rather amazing that "no matter where he goes" in the Universe ..."people" really like what we Earthlings call..."Swedish Meatballs"...she likes them with what we call a "Mojito"...without ascorbic acid.. lol...

Note 1: the original "moon lander" used software that was approximately 15 iterations OLD because it was so "stable".. sometimes stability is more important than the the latest bells and whistles.

woodfoundhertobeaveryentertainingpersonwhilehaving dinnerontheOrientTransSystemExpress
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Just ask Zaphod to lend you the Infinite Improbability Drive and Arthur Dent's your uncle ;·)

Comment

The answer is 42!

Comment

Having been a student of pure mathematics (algebraic topology and such) for so many years, I learned something important. When someone says to you, "Are you nuts?", you should always respond with "I certainly hope so."
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

LOL thanks for the great replies and mentions of great writings!
          As an aside I tried very hard for several minutes to get the white mice that live with me to inhabit a three pronged blivet but they demurred; preferring instead a pocket of my mouse colored dressing gown or the turkish slipper nailed to the wall by the mantlepiece!

woodrecommendsreadingFlatlandsmoke
          sigpic
          Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
          X