This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strange folder inside Home

hi! recently I realized that inside my home folder, I have this '模板' folder. At first I thought it was a temporary folder of some program. but then I saw that even removing it, after a few days it returned. would anyone please tell me what it is? I tried to do a quick search on google but I didn't find anything that could help me

No idea, but considering that means "templates" in Chinese, I'd say you have some program that uses templates.
    Why it would do it in Chinese... well, maybe you have some suspicions as to that?

Comment

Could be this (WPS Office):
      https://www.reddit.com/r/linuxquesti...cters_in_home/

But since it reappears, I'd check your xdg-user-dirs configuration to see if it's set there (xdg-user-dirs package will create the configured directories on login if they do not exist), the configuration file is $HOME/.config/user-dirs.dirs (look for "XDG_TEMPLATES_DIR=")
      , you may also wish to check $HOME/.config/user-dirs.locale to see if locale is set correctly.

Comment

I have that as well , the "Templates" directory and the
        Code:
        XDG_TEMPLATES_DIR="$HOME/Templates"
        as @kubicle referenced

but am unsure where it came from

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

after some tests I came to the conclusion that it was wps that generated everything. I did not investigate further on the fact of the ideograms, because I uninstalled wps (I found a better alternative)

Comment

Working...
          X