This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SCANNER] My scanner is Epson Perfection V370 Photo

I need to install this scanner on my OS Kubuntu 18.04.
    This same scanner runs without problems on 14.04

What I did up to now:
    Reading a lot of controvers suggestions.

Then I downloaded «imagescan-bundle-ubuntu-18.04-3.59.2.x64.deb.tar.gz» and filed at /media/arran/cross-op-files/
    There I opened the ...deb.tar.gz file receiving

iscan-perfection-v370-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb

After running de deb I got 3 Folders and 2 files

core
    iscan_2.30.4-2_amd64.deb

data
    iscan-data_1.39.1-2_all.deb

plugins
    iscan-plugin-perfection-v370_1.0.1-1_amd64.deb

install.sh

readme.rst, containing

For the impatient
    -----------------

Change to the folder where you downloaded this scanner driver bundle,
    extract it and install all components with

::

tar xaf iscan-perfection-v370-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb.tar.gz
    cd iscan-perfection-v370-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb
    ./install.sh

in a terminal window.

How do I now proceed? Especially how can I go to a terminal window.

Re the partition «cross-op-files:
    This is my partition where I keep all files and infos generally parked at /home. I do this so I have synchronisatiog when I play around with other OS. I am the Owner of this partition.
    Greetings from Scotland's best holiday island – The Isle of Arran
    I keep fighting for an independent Scotland without any nuclear weapons. If the Englanders want them, they can host them. We do not.

Navigate to that folder with Dolphin, press F4, which will open a little terminal window there, type or paste ./install.sh in it, and press Enter.

Comment

Originally posted by Don B. Cilly View Post
      Navigate to that folder with Dolphin, press F4, which will open a little terminal window there, type or paste ./install.sh in it, and press Enter.
      Thanks for your response. However when I follow this, I only get the following result:

<<< Code>>> arran@kubu-1804:/media/arran/cross-op-files/epson_scanner$ ./install.sh
      bash: ./install.sh: No such file or directory
      arran@kubu-1804:/media/arran/cross-op-files/epson_scanner$
      <<</code>>>.
      I keep fighting for an independent Scotland without any nuclear weapons. If the Englanders want them, they can host them. We do not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
        Thanks for your response. However when I follow this, I only get the following result:

<<< Code>>> arran@kubu-1804:/media/arran/cross-op-files/epson_scanner$ ./install.sh
        bash: ./install.sh: No such file or directory
        arran@kubu-1804:/media/arran/cross-op-files/epson_scanner$
        <<</code>>>.
        shouldn't you be at
        Code:
        arran@kubu-1804:/media/arran/cross-op-files/epson_scanner/iscan-perfection-v370-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb$
        is this iscan-perfection-v370-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb not a folder in /media/arran/cross-op-files/ that contains the 3 folders and 2 files you mention ?

if so then you half to be in the folder/directory that contains the ./install.sh script to execute it .

VINNY
        Last edited by vinnywright; Oct 01, 2019, 07:14 PM.
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

The location is correct.

The attachment shows what I have.

I still keep getting the message «No such file or directory».
          Attached Files

Comment

Let's see the contents of the install.sh file please.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Actually, it runs fine. It's already executable and all.
              Code:
              ~/Downloads/iscan-perfection-v370-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb$ ./install.sh --dry-run
              apt-get update
              apt-get install --assume-yes libsane xsltproc
              dpkg --install ./core/iscan_2.30.4-2_amd64.deb ./data/iscan-data_1.39.1-2_all.deb ./plugins/iscan-plugin-perfection-v370_1.0.1-1_amd64.deb
              What I suggest trying is right-clicking on iscan-perfection-v370-bundle-2.30.4.x64.deb.tar.gz and choosing Extract, Extract archive here, autodetect subfolders.
              Then moving into the extracted folder, opening the terminal (F4) and ./install.sh

Comment

Hello

Thank you very much for your help.
                After several trials I managed to get a part-Installtion. Discover tells me Installed, same as Muon and Synaptic.

However, when I want to start via the console I get a fatal error, see attachment I then made as lsusb and really, I can only find my printer from Epson.

I had the cable in 3 different usb's the result is always identical. When I put the USB into its slot, scanner with green light, I do hear from the scanner a very short sound. I have also checked 2 cables, both run perfect with the Printer but not with the scanner.

I do hope you know a solution.

I live on an island in Scotland and, as far as I know, I am the only one using Linux.

Coming week I should do a job which involves 42 scans...
                Attached Files

Comment

Still not solved.

Newest result, does that help?

Code:
                  arran@kubu-1804:~$ sudo dpkg -l | egrep 'iscan|esci-*|epson|xsltproc|libltdl7|csh|libusb-0.1-4'
                  [sudo] password for arran: 
                  ii  iscan                                           2.30.4-2                                            amd64        simple, easy to use scanner utility for EPSON scanners
                  ii  iscan-data                                      1.39.1-2                                            all          Image Scan! for Linux data files
                  ii  iscan-plugin-perfection-v370                    1.0.1-1                                             amd64        Plugin for the GT-F740/S640 and Perfection V37/V370 Photo
                  ii  libltdl7:amd64                                  2.4.6-2                                             amd64        System independent dlopen wrapper for GNU libtool
                  ii  xsltproc                                        1.1.29-5ubuntu0.1                                   amd64        XSLT 1.0 command line processor
                  arran@kubu-1804:~$
                  Last edited by Snowhog; Oct 06, 2019, 05:18 AM.

Comment

try installing "xsane" , I had a printer/scanner that had a linux scan app that would not work but xsane would after the manufacture bundle was installed , and conversely the manufacture app started working after xsane got installed .

worth a try .

VINNY
                    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                    16GB RAM
                    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Hi Vinnywright

xsane is already installed. So it must have another reason I can not use the scanner.

I could use the scanner from a neighbour, so the pressure is not as big as it was.

Comment

Hello

I am back and still have no way to make my scanner working. In the meantime I deleted everything related except the sane files.

I think it is best to begin again at Zero.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X