This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joneall View Post
    I downloaded QMPlay2 and gave it a try with AppImage. It might be nice, but I can't figure out how to use it. All the online doc I can find are either how to install it or examples of things you can look at with no explanation of how. Do you know of any real doc for it?
    well Humm , this is all for a doc that I know of , but you can ask in the "issues" section of the github page https://github.com/zaps166/QMPlay2

what did you need to know , it's pretty self explanatory , as far as loading files from the playlist , or the youtube browser , or internet radios, yes their are a LOT of options , but if you start playing around you will find your way .

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Yes, it is possible to find your way around any program. It also doesn't take much effort for the programmer to write some sort of guide for the user, it doesn't have to be encyclopedic, and it could even be in the Help facility. Common courtesy, user experience, and stuff ...
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

from what I understand the dev is a collage student in Poland , that likes to program things in QT .

that said I would assume his time is spread thin.
        but I will take it on myself to post in the issues section of the github page and suggest it may help people wanting to tryout his app.

I know for sure I do not now every thing it is capable of but it works well for me , I cant get VLC to browse youtube but in QMplay2 it's a snap , just start entering you search phrase , suggestions start popping up before your done typing and it finds what you were looking for AND their is usually a drop-down for the vid that will have different container options and audio options or just audio , so lets say you just want the audio for the file you can just play or download it .

+ you can open in the playlist any URL that is of a youtube type or direct address that "youtube-dl" understands.

the internet radio section has a "radio browser" area for your favorites + a search tool that sorts by name,tag,country,state,language for your favorites .

any way I like it , it's versatile .

VINNY
        16GB RAM

Comment

their , I just posted an "issue" on the github page for a documentation request , we will see what happens

VINNY
          16GB RAM

Comment

It also doesn't take much effort for the programmer to write some sort of guide for the user, it doesn't have to be encyclopedic, and it could even be in the Help facility. Common courtesy, user experience, and stuff ...

from what I understand the dev is a collage student in Poland , that likes to program things in QT .

that said I would assume his time is spread thin.
            It is not safe thing to assume that a programmer is capable of writing clear documentation, even if it is simple. As a small, single-developer project, that person may not care if it has docs, or even if it becomes popular.
            If it becomes popular, and a community develops around it, doc writers may come forth (as well as translations to other languages). It is one of the longtime issues in the open source world. people get to do the things we like, while no one (and that includes us end users!) really wants to do the unpopular tasks, even though it is an ideal way for a non-coder to join a community, and to give back, to 'pay' for something they like.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
              It is not safe thing to assume that a programmer is capable of writing clear documentation, even if it is simple. As a small, single-developer project, that person may not care if it has docs, or even if it becomes popular.
              +1 I wish I had the time as I do think it's a nice bit of work and would love to help but all I would be able to comment/documentation on would be the basics their are a lot of options that are beyond me .

I did ask in post #16 what @joneall needed help with , but ?

VINNY
              16GB RAM

Comment

The programmer, as the code writer, is in the best position to write about his/her code. If the programmer does not care enough to describe his/her program in a way that will help a user - and doesn't care about his/her product - then that person may be in the wrong line of work. I've written my own docs, it doesn't take a lot of effort.

No one's asking for an encyclopedic tome on any product.
                The next brick house on the left
                Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Working...
                X