X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble Running Netflix On Kubuntu

Hi Friends,

I am having trouble running Netflix on Kubuntu. I am using Firefox and no specific error code. Please let me know what could be the issue.

Well, Netflix runs just fine with Firefox and KDE here.
    So, you don't get any specific error code. But you're not saying what the "trouble" is.

Does Firefox say: "You are in trouble. I am Firefox on Kubuntu and Netflix is not in the Sith domain" in a Darth Vader voice?
    Or does Netflix say... well, I guess you know what i mean. ;·)
    Last edited by Don B. Cilly; Sep 23, 2019, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordyn Volkman View Post
      I am using Firefox and no specific error code.
      How about anything un-specific? Does it just not play, or is it giving you any sort of message at all?

You used to have to jump through hoops to get Netflix to work in Firefox under Linux, but that is supposed to have been fixed fairly recently.
      Does it work in other browsers (Chrome) ?
      This may be a ever so slightly outdated, but this may be worth checking out

https://itsfoss.com/netflix-firefox-linux/

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
        How about anything un-specific? Does it just not play, or is it giving you any sort of message at all?

You used to have to jump through hoops to get Netflix to work in Firefox under Linux, but that is supposed to have been fixed fairly recently.
        Does it work in other browsers (Chrome) ?
        This may be a ever so slightly outdated, but this may be worth checking out

https://itsfoss.com/netflix-firefox-linux/
        Thanks a lot Admin. The link showed me the way but I searched it again with your hint and got a better explained post here. It was basically a DRM issue. I thank you again!

Comment

I've always received an 'enable DRM?' pop-up on Firefox whenever I first log in to Netflix. Strange you didn't get that...

Comment

Working...
          X