• Time
  • Show
Clear All

kcmkmailsummaryrc,kcmknotessummaryrc,etc. numbers

This is content of my ~/.config/kcmkmailsummaryrc
    Code:
    [CheckState]
    Current=x-1
    Selection=c13,c12,c8,c4,c7,c3,c18,c15,c6,c17,c9,c5,c11,c16,c14,c32,c33,c34,c35,c36,c37,c38,c39,c40,c41,c19,c20,c21,c22,c23,c24,c25,c26,c27,c28,c29,c30,c68,c31
    Where do the numbers come from?

Suppose the c stands for akonadi ETM collection. I'm making a script which is supposed to select all of my mail folders, notes, etc.

To do so, I need to get the list of all these numbers (c13, c12, ...). Can it be done from bash script?

These numbers seem to be IDs from collection table, which can be retrieved using this command
    mysql --socket=$HOME/.local/share/akonadi/socket-$HOSTNAME/mysql.socket -e "use akonadi;SELECT * FROM collectiontable"

Sorry for disturbing you, it took quite long time to figure this out.

Comment

No clue, to be honest. Probably need to contact people closer to the source, like KDE's forums for this, I think they have a KDEPIM specific section where actual developers and more experts might see your question.
      I can't find any info about it so far.

My initial guess it is calling some items from the database, as opposed to the physical mails which are not actually touched by Akonadi. Not sure what the end result of what you are looking to do, but you probably can do some manipulations using akonadiconsole in a terminal.

Your local mail, if using POP, will be in ~/.local/local-mail
      The Imap of course is on the email server itself
      Not sure about the notes, but these may exist entirely in the mysql database(s) Akonadi uses in ~/.local/share/akonadi

Comment

Working...
      X