This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad design feature. When vertical sliders lose to horizontal

This is how it happens: you are scrolling down, your cursor meats a horizontal slider, your vertical scrolling stops and you are now scrolling that horizontal slider. Typical example: System Settings > Display and Monitor > Displays. In Windows, it works like this: in order to scroll a slider, you have to click it first (unless it's that default vertical one), and, after you clicked it, it no longer matters where your cursor is, you will still be able to scroll that slider. This is how it should be.

Originally posted by Melanol View Post
    This is how it happens: you are scrolling down, your cursor meats a horizontal slider, your vertical scrolling stops and you are now scrolling that horizontal slider. Typical example: System Settings > Display and Monitor > Displays.
    I tried your example, and I only see what you report if scrolling with the mouse wheel, and the mouse pointer is over the horizontal slider. Is that what you get? To get the reported Windows behaviour, the slider would have to ignore wheel events until it gained the focus, say, through a click, which I'd find counter-intuitive.
    Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
    X