X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DESKTOP] libre office in menu

Hi,
    Ever since this 18.04 and a power off reset/restart, frigging LibreOffice is in the main 'favourites of the start menu
    I have spent many hours searching LibreOffice for the disable command, and no luck

I am asking in this forum. It's my Favourite's menu, Not Libre<bleeping>Office.

How do I disable LibreOffice from auto placing itself in my favourites of my menu. There has to be a switch somewhere, or else LibreOffice is more annoying the M$ Office

Thanks

Ever since this 18.04 and a power off reset/restart, frigging LibreOffice is in the main 'favourites of the start menu
    Libreoffice is not the culprit here at all.

Having done a forced manual power off (if this is what you mean by 'power off reset/restart')can cause file corruptions and other oddities, and is the likely cause here.
    Sometimes a file corruption or bit on a disk just gets 'flipped' on any drive in any OS.
    I am trying to see where Kickoff favorites are stored but have not found it yet.
    Last edited by claydoh; Aug 12, 2019, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Try moving, renaming, or deleting ~/.local/share/kactivitymanagerd/resources/ and ~/.config/kactivitymanagerd-statsrc, log out, and see if it is fixed after logging in.

Actually, you might first check the ownership of any files in these folders and see if you are the owner. That is one area that a minor file corruption can manifest itself.

Comment

I don't want to ask a stupid question but right-clicking on the entry in your favorites menu and clicking on "Remove From Favorites." doesn't work, or am I missing something?
        If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
          Try moving, renaming, or deleting ~/.local/share/kactivitymanagerd/resources/ and ~/.config/kactivitymanagerd-statsrc, log out, and see if it is fixed after logging in.

Actually, you might first check the ownership of any files in these folders and see if you are the owner. That is one area that a minor file corruption can manifest itself.
          Thanks claydoh

~/.config/kactivitymanagerd-statsrc,
          -rw------- 1 111 111 817 May 5 08:32 kactivitymanagerd-statsrc

~/.local/share/kactivitymanagerd/resources/
          drwxr-xr-x 2 111 111 4096 Jun 1 17:17 resources
          -rw-r--r-- 1 111 111 12955648 Aug 18 17:25 database
          -rw-r--r-- 1 111 111 32768 Aug 18 18:13 database-shm
          -rw-r--r-- 1 111 111 8128792 Aug 18 18:12 database-wal

Is this correct?
          FYI. It doesn't matter if I log out, shutdown or yank the power cable out. The LibreOffice keeps returning, no matter what.

Also. For me learning, what do these folders or files do, apply to, please

Comment

claydoh & others.
            I found these links
            https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...rite-app/page2
            https://askubuntu.com/questions/9707...es-plasma-5-11
            I deleted the files as indicated and a few posts ago by claydoh,
            I have rebooted and re-added my favourites. I haven't rebooted again to see if it all works the way I want it to.

Again. Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
            X