Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing I needed to modify was the first command, to make executable the 'subvol modify' script. The other three scripts in the desktop file were correct and needed no modification. I modified the setting of the snapshots to 'read only' and am now sending the @snapshot to my external hard drive. It seems to be working fine. S now the question is, why doesn't the btrfs subvolume manager make a read-only snapshot when I select the read-only option in the service menu? Apart from that, it still saves me a lot of typing--or at least it will, once I get it sorted out.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgeek View Post
      The only thing I needed to modify was the first command, to make executable the 'subvol modify' script. The other three scripts in the desktop file were correct and needed no modification. I modified the setting of the snapshots to 'read only' and am now sending the @snapshot to my external hard drive. It seems to be working fine. S now the question is, why doesn't the btrfs subvolume manager make a read-only snapshot when I select the read-only option in the service menu? Apart from that, it still saves me a lot of typing--or at least it will, once I get it sorted out.
      Aaa OK I see where you were given a "fixed" subvolume_manager.desktop file in this thread https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post429075

the one I got still had the typos.

the script for a snapshot even though you select a read only makes a read/write as far as I can see because it cant add the ro flag as written , or so it looks/seams

I think I am going to add the ver3.0 "take a read only snapshot" script to this set and add it to the desktop file along with replacing the "subvolume snapshot" with the old one that dose not ask for read only or read/write for now untill @Oshunluvr has time to fix this (he is real busy with life right now)

glad it's working for you now and that I could help somewhat .

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Another problem--when I send the subvolume to my external disk it seems to be working for a few minutes then crashes.

Comment

It seems to be working now, after a reboot and remount of both devices.

Comment

I was not able to send an @home snapshot to my external HD using the service menu. It just stops after a couple of minutes. I am now using the Konsole command and so far it is working correctly.

Comment

Yeah, it seems there's a couple things to fix in the scripts. We just bought a new home so I'm super busy. I'll get to it asap

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                Yeah, it seems there's a couple things to fix in the scripts. We just bought a new home so I'm super busy. I'll get to it asap
                not being snarky , just an attempt to help

hears a check list for ya , on the files @store.kde.org

1-the version v0.3 works

2-the version v1.0 , unpacks with the executable flag not set on the "subvol_modify" script and has typos in the desktop file for the script names 3 of them

3- the version v1.0.1 , unpacks fine and has no typos in the desktop file but none of the .svg images

the "subvol_snapshot" script in the v1.0 & v1.0.1 will not set the read only flag you must use the "subvol_modify" and in fact I have inserted the "snapshot_ro_subvol" from v0.3 into the current set and edited the desktop file accordingly for now .

I haven't checked the "subvol_send" in the v1.0 or v1.0.1 the one in v0.3 worked (for me)

VINNY
                16GB RAM

Comment

Out of the floodplain this time?
                  If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Vinny: No snarkiness detected, just being honest about the condition I have the left the scripts in at the moment!

SpecialEd: Sort of, LOL. We bought a second home because I got a new job and I needed to have a place to stay when I have to be in house at the new "factory." The location is Pensacola Florida so now I have two homes in hurricane territory. Some people never learn

Please Read Me

Comment

I appreciate the scripts anyway, and I'm sure they'll make my btrfs tasks easier to do once the final polish is done. I can wait. By the way, I live in an earthquake zone but one gets used to it--until the Big One they keep predicting comes about.

Comment

Vinny: No snarkiness detected, just being honest about the condition I have the left the scripts in at the moment!

SpecialEd: Sort of, LOL. We bought a second home because I got a new job and I needed to have a place to stay when I have to be in house at the new "factory." The location is Pensacola Florida so now I have two homes in hurricane territory. Some people never learn
                        Sounds like you have all the bases covered. North or South, East or West, you wont miss the storm.
                        If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

just a reminder (if you see this) you still have not fixed the untidiness of the scripts on the store.kde.org page ,,,,,,, not many people will know to get the .svg images from previous version or how to mix scripts from the last few versions .

just thought it may have slipped your mind with all you have going on .

VINNY
                          16GB RAM

Comment

Ok Vinny, instead of going for a beer after work I updated and reloaded the file to the KDE store:

https://www.pling.com/p/1214134/

I put the icons back in (don't know why I left them out...) and fixed the read-write vs. read-only issue. I tested them all here and everything seems to work. Let me know if you find anymore typos - thanks.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                            X