This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kdeconnect won't browse files

Attempting to see my phone's files in dolphin, f.ex.

The file or folder /run/user/1000/2cb657ee933df556/primary/Download does not exist.

My old phone, running some android 7 version, was ok, and I used kdeconnect to copy off some stuff from it. But the new, android 8.1, phone fails. Other KDE connect functions work.

This has happened before; the phone app and the KDE app are prone to getting out of sync. Bugs have been reported, but supposedlywere fixed in version 1.3.3. The last time it happened to me, about 9 months ago, installing a ppa to get the latest version resolved it. But on Disco we've got 1.3.4, and the phone has 1.12.7, AFAICT they're the latest released versions.

kdeconnectd shows the following:

Code:
    kdeconnect.core: Converting IPv6 QHostAddress("::ffff:192.168.1.145") to IPv4 QHostAddress("192.168.1.145")
    kdeconnect.plugin.sftp: Starting process:  "sshfs kdeconnect@192.168.1.145:/ /run/user/1000/2cb657ee933df556 -p 1739 -s -f -F /dev/null -o IdentityFile=/home/john/.config/kdeconnect/privateKey.pem -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -o HostKeyAlgorithms=+ssh-dss -o uid=1000 -o gid=1000 -o reconnect -o ServerAliveInterval=30 -o password_stdin"
    QDBusAbstractAdaptor: Cannot relay signal SftpPlugin::packetReceived(NetworkPacket): Unregistered input type in parameter list: NetworkPacket
    kdeconnect.plugin.sftp: Process started
    kdeconnect.plugin.sftp: "Clara" "Remote filesystem mounted at /run/user/1000/2cb657ee933df556"
    kdeconnect.plugin.sftp: stdout: "Warning: Permanently added '[192.168.1.145]:1739' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.\r\n"
    kdeconnect.plugin.sftp: stdout: "subsystem request failed on channel 0\r\n"
    kdeconnect.plugin.sftp: stdout: "remote host has disconnected\n"
    kdeconnect.plugin.sftp: Process finished (exit code:  1 )
    kdeconnect.plugin.sftp: "Clara" Remote filesystem unmounted
    I've tried various workarounds in the bugs I found, but to no use. So if some helpful KFN person googles for KDE connect bugs, it's likely I've looked through them already. I've reset the kdeconnect config, unpaired and paired, rebooted, uninstalled and installed the phone app, reviewed and ticked all the app permissions, done qdbus investigation, and tried a new user.

I tried building kdeconnectd from the latest git, but it crashes as soon as I try to pair the phone.
    Regards, John Little

Yeah, kdeconnect is a weird beast. At times, I can connect very easily to my phone and at times to my tablet, and sometimes vice versa, and others neither.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

I have the same problem, I have an lg v30 and it was working perfectly. Then, I updated the app on my android phone and it it feels like it is in a continuos loop. Not working any more for me. I had to disconnect the app from the computer.
      You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
      Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
      Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Comment

Sometimes you need to 'reset' the app, by force-closing, and clearing the cache and data., and maybe even remove the pairing on the computer side.
        The app needs to be allowed to expose the filesystem, and the android update can bork that permission, as Android 8 is picky about that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-06-19-07-40-56.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	644220

After clicking on that, you have to specify what storage allowed, like the main phone storage as well as an sd card, if you have one.

No issues on my V30, currently but I have had to reset it once before.

Comment

Originally posted by jglen490 View Post
          Yeah, kdeconnect is a weird beast.
          I agree. For the past week or so, it was giving me double - and sometimes triple or more - notifications for the same event.
          I looked it up, and all I could find was along the lines of "it gives you doubles because one is for SMS, the other is for having SMS notifications enabled"... and so on.
          Which 1) made no sense and 2) I was getting doubles - and more - for everything from gmail to grandma's birthday.
          A couple of days ago it fixed itself. Whether it was the phone app or the PC one I wouldn't know.
          Just for the record.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
            Sometimes you need to 'reset' the app, by force-closing, and clearing the cache and data., and maybe even remove the pairing on the computer side.
            After missing an appointment because of the ludicrously short sound my phone made (IMO a regression with android O) I tried this again. And it's worked. The sequence of force-close, clearing the data, and removing the pairing, so that on restarting and pairing KDE connect gives the filesystem expose item on that screen to reestablish the permissions, and choose the direcories, seems to have to be just right.
            Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
            X