Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to connect hotspot to Kubuntu 18.04?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to connect hotspot to Kubuntu 18.04?

I have had no luck finding a step-by-step tutorial in setting up a hotspot in Kubuntu 18.04. I want to set up a WiFi connection between my computer (w/wired connection) and mobile devices.

Is it possible?

Benjamin

I don't see why this would be an issue. If your mobile WiFi 'hotspot' isn't hidden, then your PC, assuming it has wireless capability, should 'see it' and you should be able to select it to connect to. Is this not the case for you?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Unless the user wants top go the other way -- connect to the PC via wifi, which then connects to the internet via a wired connection.

In this case, yes. Assuming the wifi chip on the PC supports it.

Here is a how-to I found super quickly.. It will look a little different as this is older version of Plasma, but the steps are exactly the same.

lol, I sort of picked this one as it says Kubuntu, but the wallpaper says Fedora. it was the first result in my feed.
      Still, your wifi card does need to support this (in its Linux driver). I Think most Intel ones do. Others it probably depends on the model.

Comment

Working...
      X