This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem with openvpn connect

Hi everyone. I would have a problem with the configuration of a vpn. I imported the .ovpn file and at the connection attempt, looking at the log file gives me

Code:
    [FONT=monospace]Jun  9 10:43:48 daniel-ThinkPad nm-openvpn[9230]: NOTE: UID/GID downgrade will be delayed because of --client, --pull, or --up-delay                                                                                                                                       
    Jun  9 10:44:48 daniel-ThinkPad nm-openvpn[9230]: TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)                                                                                                                       
    Jun  9 10:44:48 daniel-ThinkPad nm-openvpn[9230]: TLS Error: TLS handshake failed                                                                                                                                                                                          
    Jun  9 10:44:48 daniel-ThinkPad nm-openvpn[9230]: SIGUSR1[soft,tls-error] received, process restarting                                                                                                                                                                     
    Jun  9 10:44:49 daniel-ThinkPad NetworkManager[6155]: <warn>  [1560069889.1389] vpn-connection[0x556dfab44640,bb6a82e6-8136-4f14-bb2b-e0f9f55f0767,"NC_Daniel-config",0]: VPN connection: connect timeout exceeded.                                           
    Jun  9 10:44:49 daniel-ThinkPad nm-openvpn-serv[9227]: Connect timer expired, disconnecting.                                                                                                                                                                               
    Jun  9 10:44:49 daniel-ThinkPad nm-openvpn[9230]: SIGTERM[hard,init_instance] received, process exiting                                                                   
    [/FONT]
    i use kubuntu with kde 18.04.2
    can you help me please?

Code:
    TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)
    Here are some things to look at, likely a firewall on the vpn server blocking it, or the home router needs port forwarding for the local machine

https://openvpn.net/faq/tls-error-tl...-connectivity/

Comment

Thank you for your answer . I realized that fortunately, it was not that. I don't know why, but when I add the file of configuration with the network manager, It skip the tls key, it doesn't matter in any way. by chance there is a particular reason?

Comment

No idea, it has worked fine for me in the recent past.
        It probably depends on who provides the file for you? It could be misconfigured?
        Are you using a VPN provider? Which one?
        Do you have network-manager-openvpn installed? (probably yes)

What specific steps or instructions have you followed?

Delete the connection and start from scratch, and give more of the terminal output when you are importing the ovpn file, maybe we will see more info there.

Comment

I honestly don't know, the only thing I noticed is that before the tag tls there is this comment
          Code:
          #
          # 2048 bit OpenVPN static key
          #
          could it depend on this?
          - probably our client uses openvpn
          - For install the vpn, i used the gui. correctly imported everything, except the tls.In windows using the "openvpn" software it imports it correctly and works right away.
          - yes i have network-manager installed

Comment

Working...
          X