This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ibus not registering character

I am currently using Kubuntu 18.10. As I am not a native speaker, I have to resort to ibus to have keyboard in my mother tongue, which is Vietnamese. I was using a package called ibus-teni to type in Vietnamese. Everything was working perfectly from start to last week. All of a sudden now I cannot type in Vietnamese anymore. I could type Vietnamese in Konsole and Kate, but for other apps such as Libre Office, Chrome, Boostnote,... the problem persists. The problem is that when I type using ibus for Vietnamese package, no key pressed is registered except for ';'.
    I have tried reinstalling everything related to ibus for many times but it didn't work. It has been driving crazy for weeks and I had to resort to Windows for Vietnamese. I would be very grateful for any help from you guys.
    Last edited by huunghia160799; May 22, 2019, 10:00 AM. Reason: I put the wrong version here

I've moved your post. Asking a question about an EOL (End of Life) version of Kubuntu (18.04) in a supported forum (18.10) isn't appropriate. I'm allowing this post, but future 'new' posts concerning 18.04 will be removed.

When you do things before you've had enough coffee!
    Last edited by Snowhog; May 22, 2019, 09:41 AM.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

18.04 isn't supported?
      If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

My bad!! Don't do things before you've had your morning quota of coffee!!! Thread moved back to 18.04 Software Support.

Comment

Oh my bad, actually my version is 18.10 Sr for the inconvenience

Comment

It would be great if you can move my thread back to 18.10

Comment

Digging holes to create piles of dirt so I can use the dirt to fill in the holes I dug.

Comment

Working...
              X