Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Installer get crashed everytime I mark the button 'format' at the installer

Hi, everyone!
    I'm new into the linux world. Everytime I mark the button "format" in order to format the partitions, the installer of kubuntu 18.04 LTS get crashed. I really need to format the partitions, but i can't.
    How can I fix this? It only happens to me?
    And another question: if I switch to another Linux, I just need to format the root partition or both root and home partitions? If I only format the root partition, after I have installed another distro, my archives like music and pdfs will run normally?
    Thanks for the help.

This was a long-standing bug in the ubiquity installer, the fix not released until Disco. (See launchpad bug 1687637.)

I used to format the partitions using gparted before running the installer, but as "new into the linux world" it's reasonable that you might consider that a steeper learning curve than desirable.

That bug report says "Choosing a partition, clicking "change" and choosing the format option in the appearing dialogue box does not cause the crash"; that might be a useful workaround for you.
    Regards, John Little

Comment

Thanks for the help.
      I'll try the solution the bug report says and read about gparted.
      You helped a lot. Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
        This was a long-standing bug in the ubiquity installer, the fix not released until Disco. (See launchpad bug 1687637.)

I used to format the partitions using gparted before running the installer, but as "new into the linux world" it's reasonable that you might consider that a steeper learning curve than desirable.

That bug report says "Choosing a partition, clicking "change" and choosing the format option in the appearing dialogue box does not cause the crash"; that might be a useful workaround for you.
        That description form the bug report is a fact. Normally I highlight the partition and then hit the Change button. The po-up window works perfectly. But once in a while I get ahead of myself and click on the Format box within the highlighted partition - it crashes everytime, at least in Kubuntu 18.04
        The next brick house on the left
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Working...
        X