X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Settings] Substituting Dolphin for KDialog

Hi
    I have finally managed to get my google drive folders showing up in Dolphin so I can edit and save gdrive docs without having to download and upload.
    Foe security reasons, I prefer to have no local files and exclusively work online. This works fine.
    The only problem is when I attempt to upload a file in Chrome. KDialog opens up but this does not seem to allow access to GDrive files so I have to download and then upload a file. A bit of a nuisance
    Any advice on how to upload directly from gdrive to website
    Thanks
    Last edited by brianharr; Apr 28, 2019, 06:59 AM.

It's interesting, with respect to security, that you consider something online as more secure. I believe the opposite and would rather have my files on my hardware, behind my firewalls, in my control. Of course YMMV and you can make this choice.

RE Dolphin, be aware that there remains the problem of file and folder ownership in which Dolphin is now configured to prevent creation or editing of root owned files or folders. Current Dolphin code will not allow starting Dolphin as Root.

Reference: https://phabricator.kde.org/T8460
    Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.1, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Working...
    X