This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Kubuntu 18.04 won't boot

I've been messing about with connecting two Kubuntu boxes (following https://mostlylinux.wordpress.com/network/nfshowto/), the first re-boot failed and I can't get past the diagnostic processes.

So, on boot up I get a screen showing a choice of OS options, under Ubuntu there is Advanced Options, Generic and System Settings
    I've followed all the possible routes that I can see and still cannot get a full boot

I noticed a line saying 'fstab parse error Line 13' and I think this may be the cause.

I'd appreciated any help.

Some more information.
    On boot-up there are a lot of messages finishing with: "A TPM error(2314)occurred continue self test.
    Then "You are in emergency mode. After logging in type 'journalctl1 -xb' to view systen log etc

Comment

So, we need to see what line 13 on that file is, so you would need to get the contents of the /etc/fstsb file, either from another OS,mor from a live usb session.

My guess is whatever edit you made to that file will need to be corrected or removed, which you can do from the usb session or from another OS if you dual boot another Linux.

fwiw, this guide never worked for me, even when I was on 16.04. I think somewhere on here, Oshunluvr or someone may have posted a quickie how-to.
      I gave up on figuring out NFS , out of laziness, really, as my router had a usb port, so I shared a drive plugged into that.

Comment

Thanks claydoh,
        Have corrected line 13 in fstab but it still doesn't boot. Same messages as before except I don't see an fstab error

Comment

OK, panic over!
          I simply reversed all the changes made to the various files and now it's back to normal.
          Incidentally, I still get TPM error 2314 message, this was probably the case before this episode - I just hadn't noticed
          Thanks for the advice

Comment

Working...
          X