Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin - Long-click to rename files in single-click mode has stopped working

In Kubuntu 18.10, I had single-click mode enabled, and even in single-click mode, Dolphin could inline-rename files without needing the context menu. Click on the icon to the left of the filename to highlight it, then long-click on the filename (i.e. hold the left-button for longer than the double-click interval) and inline-renaming would be activated. I really liked that. Anybody know why that's stopped working?

I've found the reason in a Phabricator revision report. The feature was added to the KDE development branch in 2017, so it got into Kubuntu in 2018, but it seems that the feature could be triggered accidentally if a file was selected before dragging it, so the feature has been removed. Pity.

https://phabricator.kde.org/D7647

Do they take feature requests, I wonder? I still think it was a good idea. Since the middle button selects files in single-click mode, maybe middle-clicking a selected file could invoke inline-rename.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rove View Post
      Do they take feature requests, I wonder? I still think it was a good idea. Since the middle button selects files in single-click mode, maybe middle-clicking a selected file could invoke inline-rename.
      Absolutely! Just file it as a bug, over on BKO (bugs.kde.org). Make sure to list it as a feature request (wishlist) -type bug.
      ​"Keep it between the ditches"
      K*Digest Blog
      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Working...
      X