This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request for Discover Tool

Please add a Feature that allows the user to Specify when the Discover Tool checks for updates.
    1) During PC boot, my VPN is trying to connect & the Discover Tool is interfering, trying to check for updates.
    2) Sometimes the Discover Tool interferes while I am trying to login to a web site.
    Please add a Feature that allows the user to run the Discover Tool at a time that is is right for the user,
    and eliminate the forced interference.
    Thanks for your consideration...looking forward to a fix.

Probably need to do this on bug.kde.org, as Kubuntu themselves don't develop this software.

As discover is distro-agnostic, and the scheduling and the actual, automatic checking is not actually performed by Discover per se, but by the update notifier widget itself. I believe the only way currently to stop this is to disable the widget

Comment

It varies a bit depending on Discover version, as the behaviour has been tweaked over time. However, yes you can:

1) In system tray untick the 'Updates' box so discover notifier does not run and initiate a check.

and

2) In software properties (launched from muon or discover), in the updates tab set the check for updates frequency to 'never'. That will make sure there is no fallback to unattended upgrades doing a check instead.
      On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Working...
      X