This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTK font size way to small, cannot change

I am having a problem with Libreoffice, which I suspect is a symptom of a larger problem with GTK. The LO-kde5 integration application doesn't work properly (the ALT key doesn't work, but this is not the subject of this post, please), so I removed it, and LO comes up in some sort of GTK window. The problem is that the font size in the menu bars, drop downs, etc, is too small for me to see. I have tried changing GTK 2 and 3 themes and font size in the System settings > Application Style > GNOME/GTK Application Style menu but this seems to do nothing, does not change either the theme or the font size. I have also tried gtk-chtheme, but this also does nothing (I believe this is just for gtk-2). Is there some way to change these font sizes I haven't found yet? These cell-phone size fonts just don't work for me. Note: fonts in KDE applications work fine.
    Thanks.
    We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

You have the native LO interface, which is not really Gtk, you might try the libreoffice-gtk3 integration.
    At least this is the solution given in multiple place on LO support forums. (LO doe not have much Plasma support.

Though they do try, they don't support Plasma 5 very well, and the Plasma 5 integration is pretty new, so there are likely bugs in it that need reporting.

Comment

Yep, removing libreoffice-kde5 and libreoffice-qt5, and installing libreoffice-gtk2, fixed the whole mess.
      I'll experiment with gtk3 later.
      Thanks.
      We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...
      X