This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filickering Display on NVIDIA GPU

This is happening with my GeForce GTX 1060. I have tried downgrading the GPU driver to 410, and installed KDE Neon user edition, too with the same results. This doesn't happen, however, with Nouveau.
    When I was in Cosmic, it only happens after waking up from sleep, but the flickering is intense and hurting my eyes (as shown in the attached video). In Disco, while the flickering isn't happening as frequently (but frequently enough for it to get annoying), it happens from boot.
    Is this happening to anyone else?

This is my system info:
    Operating System: Kubuntu 19.04
    KDE Plasma Version: 5.15.4
    KDE Frameworks Version: 5.56.0
    Qt Version: 5.12.2
    Kernel Version: 5.0.0-8-generic
    OS Type: 64-bit
    Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz
    Memory: 15.6 GiB of RAM
    GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

I have posted bug reports on KDE's bug tracker & Launchpad. I also posted this in KDE's forums earlier.

I'm attaching the output from qdbus org.kde.KWin /KWin supportInformation under the file"KWin_qdbus.txt". I would've attached the log file from NVIDIA, but it won't so you can check it in KDE's bug tracker & Launchpad.

Attached Files
    Last edited by YamiYukiSenpai; Apr 13, 2019, 11:08 AM. Reason: Added details

Hi Im using exact same Versions and Hardware exept the intel processor is i5-7400@3GHz, but i'm using the NVIDIA Driver Version 390 - i also tried a 4xx version and had problems iwith the 1060 6GB card - so i would say try driver 390

rg
    Christian
    Last edited by Snowhog; Apr 13, 2019, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X