This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Errors] Kubuntu Apps reguarly crash

Apps like "System Settings" and "Discover" crash all the time with just normal use. Or something when left in the background they just randomly stop working. I'm always doing something different when it crashes.

The task manager also displays incorrectly when games are running (both in foreground and background).

I'm using Kubuntu version 18.10 and I've had this problem ever since I installed it. Anything I can do to fix this?

I used to experience apps crashing, plasma crashing quite often. I disabled Kwin and crashing for me totally stopped.

"You" miss out on some of the "eye candy" that KDE has, but for me, stability is more important then "eye candy".

This may not be what is causing crashing for you, but this is what stopped fairly frequent crashes for me.
    Lenovo Thinkstation: Xeon E5 CPU 32GB ECC Ram KDE Neon

Comment

Not knowing what your hardware is (you didn't provide any details), answering your question is almost impossible. Please tell us about your PC.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
        Not knowing what your hardware is (you didn't provide any details), answering your question is almost impossible. Please tell us about your PC.
        To "pile on" to Snowhog's post, one of the best initial tools for hardware discovery is inxi. Open a terminal, enter
        Code:
        inxi -Fx
        then copy the results and paste into a CODE box (the "#" button) in your reply.
        The next brick house on the left
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Working...
        X