This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Kate Preview Update

I use Kate to write articles (html) for a website. I've been using it for months without problems.

I like the preview option which updates the original into the user-read version in a side panel.

All of sudden the Preview update function doesn't work - neither the manual nor the automatic update.

I also get a strange error message that I have exceeded the line length and that word-wrap has been effected and that the piece is Read Only.

If anyone has ideas what is going on I'd be grateful for advice. I have installed all the recommended updates. Kernel 4.15.0-45 generic.

Thanks.

Sorted. Problem was incorrect html code.

Comment

Originally posted by JoHubb View Post

I like the preview option which updates the original into the user-read version in a side panel.
      Thanks for mentioning preview mode! I never knew of it
      Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Originally posted by chimak111 View Post
        Thanks for mentioning preview mode! I never knew of it
        Glad to have helped.

Sometimes, I work at two articles at the same time. So, two html files can be opened in Kate - you will see a second window across the top. You might have to alter your margins to see it.
        You can then switch back and forth in Preview between them. I find it handy at times, especially when I've used some code in another file which I think would look good in my current one. Hope that makes sense!

Comment

Working...
        X