This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acepc t11

I have KUBUNTU 18.10 installed on the emmc. It works great. I'm trying to install UBUNTU Studio to a 120 GB ssd. How do I get the installer to use the ssd instead of emmc?
    The only option is were to install the boot loader does the ssd show up.

TNX
    Marie

Are you selecting "Manual" when it gets to partitioning?

Also, if your computer is using "Intel Rapid Storage Technology", Linux won't see it. You have to change it to AHCI

Please Read Me

Comment

I tried all the ways to install. Manual, guided, none would see the ssd. It didn't show on the file manager until I formatted it to FAT32. Now I'm using it for files at the moment. I found out the ssd connector is a USB to SATA. I think the T11 is using EFI, but I'm not sure. In the last week I've had 4 or 5 different distro's installed. Debian 9, Ubuntu 18.04, LM 19.1 and the LTS Kubutu. None found the sound card or wifi. Only Kubuntu 18.10 found the sound.

As for the wifi, I run a script I found on the LM forms, and it works now too.
      I've given up installing a second distro on the T11, I installed Studio on a HP laptop, I'm not touching the T11 anymore. I would like to move the OS to the ssd from the emmc. When I found out how to do that.
      Thanks for the reply.

Marie.

Comment

Working...
      X