This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONFIGURATION] Fun With The Cube

I just love to play around with the Cube! I made a little video using Kazam, and it was so easy and fun to do.

I was wondering how I use my laptop camera so that I could incorporate that into making videos?
    Dell OptiPlex 9010 SFF, 8GB RAM, i7 3770, Kubuntu 18.04, MB 051FJ8

Hi
    You might try installing "Vokoscreen" or "Recordmydesktop"

I have used the former extensively but never used the latter.

Vokoscreen takes just one thing to get used to and that is when you invoke it you have to "start" it, and don't worry about recording anything, just stop.

That then allows you to do one of several things such as record a portion of the desktop or the whole desktop.

It requires clicking on the "box" that you drag if you want to record a portion and sometimes that can "send you off someplace" if you are recording say a news cast in Firefox.

Otherwise it works easily and produces fine video.

I assume that you want to record it "floating in space" so i would just record the whole desktop.

You have the option of recording the cursor etc.

It will record audo at the same time.

I use it to make MP4s.

woodhopethishelpssmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Nasty7 View Post
      I was wondering how I use my laptop camera so that I could incorporate that into making videos?
      I don't even know what I was asking here LOL, was getting tired and not making sense. I think I was wanting to use my camera to have a little video of me up in the corner of the screen like I've seen folks do on youtube. Maybe have music as background noise but still be able to video me talking etc.

Comment

Hi
        again, Vokoscreen will do that. You can have a "picture in picture" where you are talking to the camera and you are seen in a "resized box" and can be maniipulating the cube.

After I, and the rest of the part time retired teachers got totall screwed over the last few years on our income I decided that the best option was to "teach online" only i found that it is a big scam. The colleges bray and bray about having a "worldwide cadre of inline instructors" they do not, they have one "token" someplace and use their regular full timers to "go on the cheap" and teach online classes which does not take a lot of time because the book publishers have created "packages" for the instructors to "just monitor"...if one is going to teach "online" one has to spend about ten thousand dollars for a "year class" teaching one to teach online... it is a big joke...but I became INTIMATELYL familiar with how to use a usb camera and actually DO lectures online and I used Vokoscreen to record them.

It works...fine...the college...has literally spent MILLIONS to get software packages and "cameras" for the instructors to blather in for a few minutes for a lesson and then the book publishers system literally takes over and the students are doing "rote homework" "supervised" by the brave new world of "technology"...the U.S. is rapidly falling behind for many reasons and this is one of them...all in the name of rushing into "technology" and besides...

Bill Gates says that the book is becoming irrelevant so...hey Bill is the new guru for educationists...

But anyway... Vokoscreen with maybe five minutes of fiddling will do what you want, I used it with straight Kubuntu starting two years of so ago...

woodsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

I'll try that woodsmoke!

Comment

Working...
          X