X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard suddenly creates international characters instead of dot or comma

Hi guys,

I have a weird behaviour of my keyboard. With the machine freshly booted, everything is fine. After some time suddenly I get international characters, for example I type "e" and "," but instead of "e," I get "ę". This happens with a lot of characters with . or , directly followinġ. Sometimes this behaviour disappears, then while I'm typing it suddenly reappears, it's driving me nuts. If it is active, the letter it wants to humiliate is underlined additionally to the blinking cursor, while otherwise I just have the regular blinking cursor.

Does anyone have an idea?
    Thanks!
    Björn

setxkbmap -query
    rules: evdev
    model: logitech_base
    layout: de

When you installed, what keyboard / keyboard variant did you select?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

System language english, keyboard layout german. It is a Logitech K750 with german layout.

Comment

Sort of sounds like maybe you have automatic spelling highlighting enabled.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

As suddenly as it appeared, the phenomenon has disappeared, so I am setting the thread to solved. Still don't know what it was...

Comment

Working...
          X