X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moving pics fm android to computer problem maybe solution

Hi
    I know that this is off in left field but I, along with others just had a horrid time a few years ago getting an Android phone to tether to Kubuntu and then all of sudden it worked and I have had not had a problem since, until tonight

Suddenly I got an error to the effect of that the computer couldn't find any "storages" using Dolphin.

This was after clicking the notification that a usb had been plugged in and you have "2 options" open with file manager or a picture app.

Well... ok... so I did some searching around on the net. and ...Android had done an update a month or so ago and found this.

https://alvinalexander.com/android/a...solved-working

If one invokes the charging symbol on the phone while things are tethered there is now an option to NOT CHARGE and to do file or photo transfers.

AND...It WORKS!!!

One can open through clicking the file manager notification or the photo app from the notification popup.

Now there is a curious byproduct to it... the phone does not appear in Dolphin in terms of having a clickable symbol in the left panel.

One can only invoke it from the notifications panel.

So, if anyone has comments I would like to hear them.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

I use KDE Connect to transfer from Android to my computer (Bionic) and it now works fine.

Comment

Working...
    X