Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very interesting thread about different meece!
    steve7233 please keep us informed about the mouse!
    woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

The MX master 2S is not a gaming mouse however I also got a G602 wireless gaming mouse from Logitech. The master 2S is a good mouse for working as it has a dpi switch that lets you high speed scroll through a large document so you can find something fast. The gaming mouse has 11 programmable buttons for 11 dpi settings so it really helps with gaming. It also has too battery modes. Performance and edurance Endurance mode saves battery and performance uses more power to game better. average gaming battery life is 250 hours depending on environment and the game. I figure with the 2 mice I should be able to get the performace needed for any task. If you do a lot of gaming or use your computer to do lots of work then the right mouse can be a huge help. Now I just need to see If I can get the correct Linux programs to be able to use their features. I didn't find them on logitechs download page but that dosn't mean they don't exist.
      Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Comment

I think I got libratbag and piper installed correctly but I can't figure out how to get piper to run. When I run muon to update I sometimes see stuff about the Logitech unifying receiver, so pretty sure ratbag is installed. I looked on git hub but can not figure out how to get piper to run. I figured out how to get ratbag's version.
        Code:
        steve7233@steve7233-desktop:~$ ratbagctl --version
        Anybody have any suggestions? BTW; libratbag is in the Ubuntu repos but piper is not.
        Last edited by steve7233; Feb 28, 2019, 06:47 PM. Reason: Fix CODE tag
        Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

Comment

I also used a Performance MX for several years without any issues. I just replaced it with a wireless gaming mouse from Corsair after it finally died of old age.

Some of the newest cordless mice can also charge wirelessly like a phone, and the manufacturers offer mousepads with charging coils built in. Some of those have a USB passthrough, which would be an ideal location for the receiver dongle

Comment

Originally posted by WonkoTheSaneUK View Post

and the manufacturers offer mousepads with charging coils built in.
            DID NOT KNOW THAT!! :0

woodthankeesmoke
            sigpic
            Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

I don't use a mouse pad with these two mice as they both use a laser optical high precision sensor that is so accurate that they can see the microscopic bumps in a painted table! Unless you have an extremely smooth and very clear glass table, then it works great without a mouse pad.
              Last edited by steve7233; Apr 09, 2019, 07:43 AM. Reason: Wrong version of a word.

Comment

Working...
              X