Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you boot a USB on an older BIOS PC, that BIOS firmware will look for certain specific things (e.g., a Master Boot Record) on that USB to boot the USB. And, when you boot a USB on a UEFI PC, that UEFI firmware will look for certain specific things (e.g., an ESP) on the USB to boot the USB. And ... then there is a BIOS Boot Partition trick ... which oshunluvr's how-to explains ...
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I have not tried this yet either, but I have Installed to a few USB's, and the result is always unstable and slow. Of course I was Unfortunately using inexpensive 2.0 USB's, so make sure you have a good fast USB and use it in a 3.0 Port if possible. Especially with a Monster like Kubuntu, I would pick out another Ubuntu distro like Lubuntu or Xubuntu to do this with, I think it will be more stable with one of those. I'm tempted to try this if you have any luck with it, but I also don't have a good fast USB. Lexar S75 128GB is what I have, which should be good but it's not super fast as far as 3.0 goes.

Good luck
      Dell OptiPlex 9010 SFF, 8GB RAM, i7 3770, Kubuntu 18.04, MB 051FJ8

Comment

Working...
      X