This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DESKTOP] Application Launcher Problem

I just upgraded to kubuntu 18.04 from 16.04 yesterday on my Dell Inspiron. So far, four different occasions, the application launcher - the button with the K in the very bottom left of my screen - has failed. The balloon op-up shows but the launcher won't launch. Nothing happens. I need to reboot to get it to work again. I tried to go into System Monitor (icon placed on my desktop) and close klauncher. It closes and relaunches but the launcher still doesn't work until I reboot.

Everything else works fine - better than pre-upgrade. But that occasional hiccup four times since yesterday is a problem.

Did anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix?

Thank you for your help.

Hello Kaliedescope and welcome to the best Linux forum on the net. I've not experienced your issue, but I too am using 18.04.1 LTS. With previous versions of Kubuntu, I used to do the upgrade thing and had so many different issues that I gave it up completely and instead, I create a live DVD iso image and install directly from that. Since then, I've had zero upgrade issues because I'm really not upgrading; just installing a new version.

You can take a look at my system, but I use an SSD for the OS and a HDD for all my data. I've recently started backing up my OS SSD so if I do run into application or configuration issues, I can just revert to backup done before the offending SW was installed or configuration corrupted (usually by me).

Good luck and Merry Christmas!

Recommendation
    "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

Comment

Working...
    X