Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Does Kubuntu Have Startup Sounds?

Startup sounds, and various other sounds?

Mike
    Last edited by Snowhog; Dec 19, 2018, 06:40 AM. Reason: Correct spelling in title

They are available, but a stock Plasma doesn't have them enabled.

In System Settings: go to Notifications, then at the top select Plasma Workspace, and look for the Login line. Tick the box next to Play a Sound. The stock sound is selected by default, but you can specify your own file.

You will see a ton of areas you can modify, enable, and disable.

Comment

Much to the delight --or chagrin-- of people within earshot, I have my laptop(s) play the "sad trombone" sound when the power chord is disconnected and the Wilhelm Scream when plugged in. Amusing yes but it also serves a function, as my battery does not last very long so I need to be reminded when it is disconnected. (Don't you just love KDE?)
      If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Thanks guys. I made the adjustments. KDE is in fact wonderful, but they do things a bit differently. I can usually figure out how to do something, but with KDS they sometimes put things in places that I would not expect.

My wife is going to love this system when I put it on her laptop next month. Now, if I could just figure out how to mange filters in the personal organizer...(Hint: I have a thread on it under Desktops/KDE).

Comment

You can use the drop-down you see when you click on Thread Tools (above your question) to mark this thread [SOLVED] since you got advice that helped you.
          Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

By the way, https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2408394
            Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Thank you chimak111, I have marked it solved.
              Not sure about your second remark but will keep in mind. I just booted up and I did have the startup sound so all appears to be well.

Comment

Originally posted by mdiemer View Post
                Not sure about your second remark but will keep in mind.
                That link claims that enabling notification sounds may cause a kmserver crash on logout. I don't use notification sounds and so can't comment further.
                Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Not happening here. Generally, a "bug" that's persisting on one person's system "...since 2008..." isn't actually a bug. It's user error or a bad config carried forward.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                  X