This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shared with Samba and partition

If the folder is in the Kubuntu partition (desktop, download etc) no problem to share with the Smart TV with Samba, but i cant share the folder if the folder is in another parttion o disk. I can see the folder in the TV explorer, but i cant entry inside.

Samba config? No one will be able to help without some info.

Please Read Me

Comment

im sorry but i dont know what information do you tell me. I make righ click in the folder » Share folder » install samba (i installed) » click in "shared with samba". until here all ok, i go to the TV and i can see the folder and i can open de files...
      I make the same with the folder are in the partition u other disks, but with this folder no work, i can see the folder in the TV but i cant enter inside.

Comment

You have to configure those other folders in samba. To do that, edit the file /etc/samba/smb.conf and add any folders you want to share. You can start by posting a copy of your current smb.conf file. The folders are shared this way in the file:

Code:
        [FONT=monospace][COLOR=#000000][Documents][/COLOR]
           comment = Documents
           path = /exports/Documents
           force user = nobody
           force group = shared
           create mask = 664
           force create mode = 664
           directory mask = 6775
           force directory mode = 6775
           browsable = yes
           guest ok = yes
           read only = no

[/FONT]

Please Read Me

Comment

If i write in the konsole: "/etc/samba/smb.conf" shows "access denied" (with sudo su)
          If i try open the Samba program shows: "i cant find the GKSU program".

Comment

GKSU is a gnome/gtk tool not present by default when using KDE/Plasma 5.

To post your smb.conf file, open it in the console with kate and then copy the text and paste it to a post;

kate /etc/samba/smb.conf

Please enclose the pasted content using QUOTE tags when posting (use the text balloon icon in the post window). You also may edit smb.conf using kate and when you try to save it, it will prompt you for your sudo password.

Another way to view your smb.conf file in the konsole is to just enter testparm - this will check your smb.conf for errors and output your current settings. You can copy and paste the output from console rather than your whole smb.conf if you prefer.

Please Read Me

Comment

im sorry but i new with Kubuntu and i dont know to do exactly this steps... I can open de file text, "kate /etc/samba/smb.conf
              "until here ok, but what i do here? not understad very good.

Comment

Working...
              X