This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] KDE - Lost connection to Comcast Mail Servers

Has anyone else lost their connection to the Comcast mail server?
    I can only think Kubuntu is the problem.
    Here is the problem I'm having.

Somewhere along the line Thunderbird quit connecting to the Comcast mail servers. I tried deleting all the mail, mail accounts, reinstalling, etc. When adding the accounts back in I get username/password error. Kmail does the same thing but webmail is fine. I have other accounts (gmail and other POP accounts) that works fine in Thunderbird. I tried setting up both mail clients on another Kubuntu machine with the same results. I then was able to set up Thunderbird on a Windows 10 machine which tells me it's not my mail account or the router.

Did something change with Port 995 or the Encryption Handling in the last update?

I'm running Kubuntu 18.04.1 with all the updates.

Thanks,
    Brad Jones

Hello, the instructions on this page worked for me: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1242290

Scroll down to the part about changing your imap server to imap.ge.xfinity.com
    If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Thanks for the info Ed. But it didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by 2FootBoy View Post
        Thanks for the info Ed. But it didn't work.
        Try deleting the account and reinstalling it. When it comes up to the settings page, click on manual config and make the changes.
        If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Well... after updating Java, cleaning out a bunch of emails, I backed up my profile folder and Nuked & Paved Thunderbird. Copied my old folder back and set it as the default profile. I did get the imap.ge.xfinity.com to work. The POP server still fails. I'm not sure if Comcast is changing all the mail servers to xfinity or what. I did notice that some of my pictures in my Pinterest emails quit rendering about the same time the comcast server went down. Some of the pictures on the Pinterest website quit rendering also. But only in FireFox and Chrome, Thor works flawlessly! An odd problem but I'm up for a challenge!

Still not sure if it's Kubuntu or not. Going to let this post ride a little while longer to see if I get any more input.

Comment

After an update yesterday my pictures came back on Pinterest.

Now for the solution:
            I found it here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1242209

Within Thunderbird, navigate to Preferences/Advanced/General. Select tab 'Config Editor...' then Search IPv6 and change network.dns.disableIPv6 value to True.

Worked like a charm!
            The problem seems to lie within IPv6.

Thanks, everyone.

Comment

Working...
            X