This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMD integrated graphics

The installation was ok but the video is only VGA. I contacted AMD and they sent me to their download page.
    I downloaded the software but they only have support for version 14.04.
    Will this also work with 18 LTS?

We need more specific hardware info, and may be more info on your video problem.
    18.04 will already have the most up to date AMD graphics.

But without knowing what graphics you have, or the system it is in, it will be harder to help you

Comment

thank you for the reply. After searching for a solution i remember that Ubuntu or Kubuntu doesn't work using a KVM switch.
      Once I connected the monitor, keyboard and mouse directly to my PC it worked fine.

Previously to this I was able to find that the driver (amdgpu) was already install by using lsmod and just in case i also use modprobe.
      P.S. The resolution is even higher than in windows with AMD native driver.
      P.S.S. Using Google I found out that are many people who try to help but don't really know the answers.
      Is there a way to tell the creators of Ubuntu, Kubuntu ,etc to add support for a KVM Switch.
      I am using multiple OS's but Kubuntu in this situation only provides 1024x768 resolution.
      CASE CLOSED

Comment

You might start a new topic for that. I was not aware that kvm switches didn't work. I have not used one in some time, but I think we have a couple of users here who may still use them.

A new topic would better grab someone's attention, for sure

Comment

ok i try that. what forums should i post in?

Comment

Probably the 18.04 hardware support one

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Comment

thank you for trying to help but in my previous post i said that Kubuntu or Ubuntu doesn't work thru an KVM switch.
              This was before, also with version 14.04, which at that time i didn't care much for the resolution.
              So you don't have to read the entire thread but, I said I connect Kubuntu directly to a monitor and its own keyboard and mouse, and the resolution is the way it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Njjsau774nnx8 View Post
                thank you for trying to help but in my previous post i said that Kubuntu or Ubuntu doesn't work thru an KVM switch.
                This was before, also with version 14.04, which at that time i didn't care much for the resolution.
                So you don't have to read the entire thread but, I said I connect Kubuntu directly to a monitor and its own keyboard and mouse, and the resolution is the way it should be.
                But to get help with KVM switches you would get more responses from a new post. I have not seen anywhere that these do not work in Ubuntu etc, so describing your hardware setup might aid us in helping you fix this.

The Hardware Support section for 18.04 is probably the most appropriate place, since that is the version of Kubuntu you are using and probably will have more folks seeing it.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Comment

OK, I will post on that forum.
                  thanks again.

Comment

Wendell of the YouTube Level1Techs channel is right into KVM switches, IIUC, going as far as producing his own. He also promotes open source and Linux. You might try their forums.

Regards, John Little
                    Regards, John Little

Comment

KVM switch

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
                      Wendell of the YouTube Level1Techs channel is right into KVM switches, IIUC, going as far as producing his own. He also promotes open source and Linux. You might try their forums.

Regards, John Little
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      thank you John.
                      I will check it out. They might have an idea.
                      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      I have been using all kinds of switches for years. I vaguely remember using i think "Mint".
                      The CPU was Intel and the graphics card was not integrated.

Since as I said before with a dedicated monitor Kubuntu has no problems.

Comment

Working...
                      X