X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yawfp from woodsmoke for possible new users of Kubu or Neon

yet another woodsmoke fanboi post

I'm running Neon Developer on an older computer to my largescreen t.v where I always have it tweaked to Kparadigm shift and well...it just keeps on doing anything I can imagine EXCEPT that it won't play the DVDs that have a menu and then the subchapters. The introductory part runs and then it just loops.

But, the thing just woiks!

I use the gyration air mouse to shift from activity to check RSS feeds, news in the morning and it runs things like streams SO WELL that I am going to drop cable completely and just keep the internet because of financial woes which the college does not project being able to get fixed. It's bunker down time unfortunately.

I usually do "picture in picture" with several news things like "nightly news" running with sound muted and maybe Clementine running an internet station.

But, on the 14.04 work machine which is the wall computer Blue on Blue it does everything in addition to playing commercial DVDs however, the comment here is that it just keeps on doing EVERYTHING related to my work at the college.

Back when I was applying to teach online, and found out THAT is a big public relations hoax by the colleges ( I am certified to teach online at the college and have done so) I made videos, did video conferencing with multiple people at a time, yada yada.

KDE connect is a trooper for sending images from the phone and getting notices and the whole thing about "sending an image" through KDE connect or offloading with a tether just works...

As to "old" apps, again...woah... I actually have GkRellm and Conky enabled on both machines and they run flawlessly, now yeah, gKrellm is not well maintained, if at all

The whole thing about widgets has become much more cleanly enabled so that they can be popped with a click for use for a while and dismissed.

The right click and left click on the desktop was fixed in updates some time back.

AND i have a couple of versions old Kubu running on a ten year old Toshiba lappy so it does NOT need "a powerful machine"...

Anyway, yet another woodsmoke fanboi post. lol
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!
Working...
X