This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Plasma Browser Integration

Is there any chance that Plasma Browser Integration will be able to work on Bionic? I have it on Firefox for my Neon and Cosmic installs on virtual machines, but it is obviously for a newer Qt version than 5.9.5. What does it do anyway? I really don't notice the difference.

You need to have the plasma-browser-integration package installed as well as the plugin for your browser. it does require Plasma 5.13 or newer, I believe (as there are no packages for it in 18.04), so it is a no-go for Bionic, unfortunately.

https://community.kde.org/Plasma/Browser_Integration
    It add some notification features, as well as some other things.
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6ljh63
    Last edited by claydoh; Nov 18, 2018, 09:03 PM.

Comment

So I guess I have to wait for Giga Giraffe, or whatever they call the next LTS Kubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
        You need to have the plasma-browser-integration package installed as well as the plugin for your browser. it does require Plasma 5.13 or newer, I
        No, it doesn't depend on plasma >= 5.13. It was just 1st released with that version. After discussion with the p-b-i developer he also recently lowered the build depends on Qt so that we can backport to Bionic with Qt 5,9. I'll put that in our backport ppa soon.
        On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Should be in backports PPA for 18.04 now. Please test.
            On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Just downloaded it today and it works fine so far. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X