This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System Settings borked my start menu when I changed Themes

When I changed themes back to Kubuntu default and selected "use desktop layout from theme", my start menu got all messed up. I think it's only on the favorites screen.

The screenshot should show Firefox and the apps are all jumbled. It's the wrong web browser. I tried changing the web browser in System setting, but that did not change the browser back to Firefox. And I don't know in which order the apps went. It's important to me to have the favorites menu the way it was from the OEM.

I'd like to reinstall the software that installed the start menu, how do I do that without reinstalling my OS.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	favorites-menu.png
Views:	1
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	649407

Thank you.

Uncheck "User Desktop layout from theme", click the Apply button, go to the Desktop Theme panel and select "Breeze" and click apply.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      Uncheck "User Desktop layout from theme", click the Apply button, go to the Desktop Theme panel and select "Breeze" and click apply.
      I didn't quite solve it. Your suggestion didn't work at all. It just changed the colors. What I did was after much research was to delete "kactivitymanagerd-statsrc" and "plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc". That reset my panel and favorites to default, but before I had done that, I had went into system settings and made sure Firefox was the default web browser. I rebooted and logged in and it worked! The browser was still on the bottom on the favorites list. Just dragged the icon to the top and presto. The rest of the icons were still out of place. I sorted them as best as I could remember the way they originally came.

Edit: I found a screenshot on the web showing the original unaltered sort order of the Kubuntu 18.04.1 favorites menu.
      Last edited by facepalm; Nov 16, 2018, 12:24 PM. Reason: Added info about screen shot.

Comment

Working...
      X