This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTRFS Drives Will Not Mount Using fstab

I just finished a new install of Ubuntu Server 18.04.1LTS. I already had a 3-drive BTRFS setup with 15GB of test data. After the install I checked the UUID of the BTRFS drives and it's the same UUID so that makes it easy. Of course the boot drive (64GB Flash Drive) has a new UUID.

I modified the fstab:

Code:
    # Customized fstab
    # This line mounts the Samsung 64GB Flash drive to the root directory /
    UUID=7d92d528-da4b-11e8-b61c-f46d040f477d     /     ext4     defaults  0 0
    #
    # This line mounts the NAS to /nas using the BTRFS
    UUID=7d92d528-da4b-11e8-b61c-f46d040f477d     /nas  btrfs    defaults  0 0
    #
    # This line mounts the zram virtual drives instead of a swap file
    /dev/zram0				     none   swap     sw        0 0
    /dev/zram1				     none   swap     sw        0 0
    Now on boot up, /nas does not mount and puts the server into emergency mode where I have a root prompt #. I can successfully mount /nas by entering this command: sudo mount -o recovery /dev/sda /nas

Any ideas would be appreciated.
    "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

With or without /nas mounted, I would like to see the output of the following command:

Code:
    sudo blkid -c /dev/null -o list

Comment

Here you go dibl:

Code:
      mark@nas-64:~$ sudo blkid -c /dev/null -o list
      [sudo] password for mark: 
      device                             fs_type       label          mount point                            UUID
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      /dev/loop0                         squashfs                     /snap/core/4486                        
      /dev/loop1                         squashfs                     /snap/core/5662                        
      /dev/sda                           btrfs                        (not mounted)                          44235f1e-bde3-4de4-b680-06536903ada1
      /dev/sdb                           btrfs                        (not mounted)                          44235f1e-bde3-4de4-b680-06536903ada1
      /dev/sdc                           btrfs                        (not mounted)                          44235f1e-bde3-4de4-b680-06536903ada1
      /dev/sdd1                                                       (not mounted)                          
      /dev/sdd2                          ext4                         /                                      7d92d528-da4b-11e8-b61c-f46d040f477d
      /dev/zram0                         swap                         [SWAP]                                 9d0dfe92-ba61-469e-a7b3-53b2278bdefe
      /dev/zram1                         swap                         [SWAP]                                 f4d2769f-20cb-4397-8f29-aa4c129f0c62
      interesting readout. The UUID for the BTRFS drives is different than what I got with blkid on the last install. I obviously should have verified the UUID again.
      "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

Comment

Thank you dible. I correct the ftab configuration file and rebooted. The /nas directory is correctly mounted. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X