This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade from 16.04 to 18.04

Other things being equal, doing a fresh install is better than doing an upgrade, but other things are not always equal. I'm wondering what the experience has been for folks who did the shift as an upgrade.

Thanks.

I did a clean install, without issue, and it works perfectly - no leftover configs or other artifacts from the previous 16.04.5.

Others have tried the upgrade path, some have worked, a lot had issues after.

My recommendation is a clean install.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Originally posted by Don View Post
      ... I'm wondering what the experience has been for folks who did the shift as an upgrade.
      While clean installs are dependent on one's hardware, an upgrade's success depends on hardware as well as the existing system's state immediately prior to the upgrade.
      Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Absolutely agree. And thus, "Others have tried the upgrade path, some have worked, a lot had issues after."
        The next brick house on the left
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

And more opinions and experiences are here: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...rsus-upgrading
          Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
          X